Hurt takes over as O-line coach at Air Force
AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colo. -- Air Force named former Samford coach Pete Hurt as offensive line coach on Tuesday.
He replaces John Reagan, who was named offensive line coach at Kansas.
Hurt was 42-39-1 at Division I-AA Samford from 1994 until he was fired in October of 2001 when his team was 1-4.
He was head football coach and athletic director at Clinton High School in Clinton, Miss., for the past three seasons.
Hurt also served as defensive line coach for the Birmingham Fire in the World Football League in 1991-92 and held coaching jobs at Rice, Lamar, Baylor, Southeast Missouri State and North Texas.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Spurrier digs at Swinney, cites wins in rivalry
- TCU 'separates' from star DE after gun claim
- Big 12 chief rips NCAA, says 'cheating pays'
- Snyder to Texas' Strong: 'Be who you are'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Air Force Falcons Hail Mary Youth-Size Football