Leach signed through 2009 season
LUBBOCK, Texas -- Texas Tech coach Mike Leach received a one-year contract extension Saturday that would keep him at the helm of the Red Raiders through the 2009 season.
Leach was also awarded a $250,000 raise, bumping his salary to $1.275 million per year.
In five seasons at Texas Tech, Leach is 39-25 and has led the Red Raiders to five bowl games.
Texas Tech finished 8-4 last season, including a 45-31 win over then-No.4 ranked California in the Holiday Bowl.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Two vie for A&M QB job as Joeckel to transfer
- Kentucky QB battle heats up as Whitlow exits
- Mankato players refuse to practice for old coach
- More trouble: 3 Texas A&M players arrested
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Texas Tech Red Raiders Game Time Full-Size Football