Shabaj was third-leading receiver in '04
EAST LANSING, Mich. -- Michigan State receiver Agim Shabaj will miss the 2005 season after being declared academically ineligible.
Shabaj, who would be a senior this season, was the Spartans' third-leading receiver in 2004 with 29 catches for 308 yards and one touchdown. He was the team's leading receiver in 2003 with 57 catches for 692 yards and five touchdowns.
Under Big Ten rules, academically ineligible athletes are not allowed to remain on scholarship. It was not clear whether Shabaj planned to enroll at Michigan State for the next academic year, associate athletic director John Lewandowski said Wednesday.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- Auburn's Marshall pays pot possession fines
- Washington QB Miles suspended for opener
- Bowling Green gets former Baylor WR Rhodes
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Schutt Michigan State Spartans Mini Authentic Football Helmet