Henderson sets NCAA receptions mark for running backs
LUBBOCK, Texas -- Texas Tech running back Taurean Henderson broke the NCAA record for career receptions by a running back, catching his 263rd pass during the first quarter Saturday against Kansas State.
Henderson entered the game needing one catch to pass Long Beach State's Mark Templeton for the career record. Templeton caught 262 passes from 1984-87.
It didn't take Henderson long to break the mark.
The record-breaker came on a screen pass to the left that gained 19 yards and a first down on the third play of the game for No. 13 Texas Tech.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Running back Gordon will return to Badgers
- SEC fines schools for cowbells, rushing field
- North Dakota St. cruises into FCS title game
- Football at Fenway: Irish-BC set 2015 date
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Youth Texas Tech Red Raiders #22 Black Replica Football Jersey