USC's Bush leads Doak Walker Award finalists
DALLAS -- Southern California's Reggie Bush, Washington State's Jerome Harrison and DeAngelo Williams of Memphis were selected finalists Wednesday for the Doak Walker Award honoring the nation's top running back.
Bush, a strong contender for the Heisman Trophy, has rushed for 1,398 yards and 16 touchdowns for the top-ranked Trojans. He had 513 total yards, including 294 rushing, in a 50-42 victory against Fresno State on Saturday. It was the second-highest single-game total in NCAA history.
Harrison is the nation's leading rusher with 1,900 yards and 16 touchdowns.
Williams, a senior who holds the Division I-A record for career all-purpose yards with 7,210, has rushed for 1,599 yards and 13 touchdowns.
The winner will be announced Dec. 8.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- Auburn's Marshall pays pot possession fines
- Washington QB Miles suspended for opener
- Bowling Green gets former Baylor WR Rhodes
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Washington State Cougars Hail Mary Youth-Size Football