Bush takes home prestigious Walter Camp Award
NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- Southern California running back Reggie Bush won the Walter Camp Award on Thursday, making him the fifth USC player to earn the honor given to the nation's top player.null
The 6-foot, 200-pound Bush has rushed for 1,658 yards and scored 18 touchdowns this season, averaging 8.9 yards a carry for the top-ranked Trojans. He also has 31 receptions for 383 yards, and is averaging 217.6 all-purpose yards per game.
The Heisman is handed out Saturday in New York. The other finalists are Texas quarterback Vince Young and Leinart.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'
- Sources: No penalty for reversed targeting call
- Missouri rewards Pinkel with bump to $3.1M
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's USC Trojans Coaches Performance White Polo
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider