Hofstra taps Delaware D-coordinator to be coach
HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. -- Delaware defensive coordinator Dave Cohen was hired as the new coach at Hofstra on Monday.
The 39-year-old Cohen succeeds Joe Gardi, who retired last month after 16 seasons with a school he guided from Division III to a consistent winner in I-AA.
Cohen was a member of Delaware's staff from 1994-98, as linebackers and defensive line coach. He spent three seasons at Fordham before returning to the Blue Hens in 2002.
Gardi, who had a record of 119-62-2 at Hofstra, helped the school jump from Division III to I-AA in 1994.
The Pride reached the I-AA playoffs five times in the last 10 years under Gardi.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- McCarron: Saban said he's staying at Bama
- Texas' Brown: My situation hasn't changed
- A&M's Manziel ready to take it to next level
- Bowl dispels rumors, 'no doubt' about Duke
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- JanSport Youth Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens Blue Football T-Shirt