Hofstra taps Delaware D-coordinator to be coach
HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. -- Delaware defensive coordinator Dave Cohen was hired as the new coach at Hofstra on Monday.
The 39-year-old Cohen succeeds Joe Gardi, who retired last month after 16 seasons with a school he guided from Division III to a consistent winner in I-AA.
Cohen was a member of Delaware's staff from 1994-98, as linebackers and defensive line coach. He spent three seasons at Fordham before returning to the Blue Hens in 2002.
Gardi, who had a record of 119-62-2 at Hofstra, helped the school jump from Division III to I-AA in 1994.
The Pride reached the I-AA playoffs five times in the last 10 years under Gardi.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Source: Indiana, Cincy set '21, '22 meetings
- Source: NC State-WVU series set for 2018-19
- Spurrier digs at Swinney, cites wins in rivalry
- Snyder to Texas' Strong: 'Be who you are'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Men's Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens Blue Football Tech Performance T-Shirt