Jolla, Howell released from Miami scholarships
ATLANTA -- Miami wide receiver Akieem Jolla and offensive lineman Dave Howell have been released from their scholarships, coach Larry Coker said Wednesday.
Jolla, a redshirt junior, caught four passes for 47 yards this season and made 24 catches for 266 yards and two touchdowns in 34 games with the Hurricanes. The New Orleans native wants to transfer closer to his family because of hardships created by Hurricane Katrina.
Howell played in two games during the 2004 season as a defensive lineman. He did not appear in any games this season for the ninth-ranked Hurricanes, who face No. 10 LSU in the Peach Bowl on Friday night.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA settles concussion suit with $70M fund
- OU RB meets with police over alleged assault
- OK State has APR penalty rescinded by NCAA
- Kentucky great 'Wah Wah' Jones dies at 88
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Miami Hurricanes Replica Football