Butkus winner Posluszny returning to Penn State
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- All-America linebacker Paul Posluszny will bypass the NFL draft and return to Penn State for his senior year.
Posluszny, winner of the Butkus Award as the country's top linebacker, partially tore two ligaments in his right knee late in the fourth quarter of the Nittany Lions' 26-23 triple overtime win over Florida State in the Orange Bowl last week.
Team doctors said Posluszny will need six to eight weeks of rehabilitation. He most likely will be ready when spring practice starts in late March.
His return will ease coach Joe Paterno's makeover on defense, which will lose seven senior starters.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Winston, McCarron take home top awards
- McCarron: Saban said he's staying at Bama
- Texas' Brown: My situation hasn't changed
- A&M's Manziel ready to take it to next level
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Penn State Nittany Lions Practice Legend Authentic Font Grey Performance T-Shirt