UVa hires Colorado's Borbely as offensive line coach
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. -- University of Virginia football coach Al Groh has hired Dave Borbely as an offensive line coach, the school announced Wednesday.
Borbely, 46, joins the Cavaliers after four seasons in the same position at Colorado. His resume also includes coaching experience at Notre Dame, Stanford, Tulane, Temple and Rice.
"Dave brings a lot of experience not only as a coach but as a recruiter from high-profile programs with very strong academic reputations," Groh said in a statement.
Groh lost three assistant coaches to head coaching positions after the regular season ended.
The Cavaliers (7-5) beat Minnesota 34-31 in the Music City Bowl. The Buffaloes (7-6) ended this season with a 19-10 loss to No. 23 Clemson in the Champs Sports Bowl.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- Auburn's Marshall pays pot possession fines
- Washington QB Miles suspended for opener
- Bowling Green gets former Baylor WR Rhodes
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Virginia Cavaliers Blue #83 Football Game Jersey