Kentucky hires Sanders to coach quarterbacks
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- Kentucky hired former Tennessee offensive coordinator Randy Sanders on Monday as quarterbacks coach.
Sanders replaces Kurt Roper, who was hired by Tennessee to be the Volunteers' running backs coach.
Sanders, who resigned in October during Tennessee's disappointing 5-6 season, had spent 22 seasons with the Vols -- including four as a quarterback.
Kentucky was 3-8 last season, its third under head coach Rich Brooks.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Tennessee Volunteers Tennessee Orange #14 Replica Football Jersey
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider