NCAA grants Auburn CB Irons sixth year of eligibility
The NCAA awarded Auburn cornerback David Irons a sixth season of eligibility on Tuesday.
Irons had missed the 2004 season with a torn anterior cruciate ligament. If the NCAA had not given Irons the season back, he would have entered the NFL draft.
Irons had already received an invitation to the NFL Scouting Combine.
He made The Associated Press All-SEC team this season.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA settles concussion suit with $70M fund
- OU RB meets with police over alleged assault
- OK State has APR penalty rescinded by NCAA
- Buckeyes' Miller throwing ahead of schedule
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- JanSport Men's Auburn Tigers Blue Arch T-Shirt