Top prospect Hazelton signs with USC
LOS ANGELES -- Standout wide receiver Vidal Hazelton of Hargrave Military Academy in Chatham, Va., has signed a letter of intent to attend Southern California.
"All along, we counted on Vidal being a big factor in the strength of our recruiting class," USC coach Pete Carroll said Friday in a statement issued by the school. "It's taken a while for everyone to come together on this decision, but we're pleased for him and his family that it is finalized.
"We expect him to play a big role on our team and to compete for playing time right away."
The 6-foot-3, 200-pound Hazelton becomes the 25th player to join USC's 2006 recruiting class -- considered one of the best in the country. He caught 41 passes for 942 yards and 13 touchdowns last season.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- FSU's Wilson suspended after arrest for theft
- FSU's Winston to face media at ACC Kickoff
- NCAA president calls for 'scholarships for life'
- Top QB commit: No 'Johnny Football' pressure
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings USC Trojans Junior-Sized Tailgater Football