McCoy, Snead to compete for Texas' starting QB spot
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas redshirt freshman Colt McCoy is the No. 1 quarterback heading into spring practice, but freshman Jevan Snead will have a chance to compete for the job before the 2006 season opener, coach Mack Brown said Thursday.
The Longhorns return most of their starters from last season's national championship team but not quarterback Vince Young, who left school after his junior season to enter the NFL draft. Spring drills start Monday.
Texas closes practice to the media and fans until spring drills conclude with a scrimmage April 1.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA reaches settlement in concussion suit
- Buckeyes' Miller throwing ahead of schedule
- Manziel A&M jersey expected to fetch $100K
- Man acquitted in death of EMU football player
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Texas Longhorns White 'Longhorn State' Local Characteristic T-Shirt