Texas coach Brown has knee replacement surgery
Spokesman Bill Little said Brown had surgery on his left knee Tuesday and should return home soon. Little declined to disclose the doctor who performed the surgery or the hospital where Brown went.
Brown had his college playing career cut short at Vanderbilt and Florida State in the 1970s because of knee injuries which required multiple surgeries.
The defending national champion Longhorns open the season Sept. 2 against North Texas.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- FSU's Wilson suspended after arrest for theft
- FSU's Winston to face media at ACC Kickoff
- Hall of Fame set to open Aug. 23 in Atlanta
- NCAA president calls for 'scholarships for life'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New World Graphics Men's Texas Longhorns Black 2013 Football Schedule T-Shirt