West Virginia's Bruce suspended indefinitely after DUI
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. -- West Virginia wide receiver Jeremy Bruce has been suspended indefinitely after a drunken driving arrest.
The sophomore from Beaver Falls, Pa., will not travel with No. 4 West Virginia for Saturday's game at Mississippi State, coach Rich Rodriguez said Tuesday.
"He made a mistake," Rodriguez said.
Bruce was arrested Sunday morning and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol. Details of the arrest were unavailable Tuesday. Campus police said no one was available to comment. Sports information director Shelly Poe had no further information.
The 5-foot-10, 190-pound Bruce has played in all four games this season, catching three passes for 66 yards.
Last year as a freshman, Bruce had three receptions for 26 yards and ran once on a reverse for 9 yards. He was limited for much of the season with a bad ankle.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stoops bashes Saban's 'consolation' remark
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
- NCAA infractions chair: Reasons for inactivity
- Ducks decided favorites in Pac-12 media poll
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings West Virginia Mountaineers Hail Mary Youth-Sized Football