Paterno will learn Thursday if top two QBs can play
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- Joe Paterno's quarterback forecast for this weekend sounded a lot like the dreary weather Wednesday in Happy Valley: mostly cloudy.
Could a third Big Ten team lose to a I-AA squad? The Big Ten notebook takes a look at that and much more.
• To read Bruce Hooley's Big Ten notebook, click here.
Welcome to the first team, third-stringer Paul Cianciolo.
At least through practice on Thursday. That's when Paterno will get the final word from doctors as to whether either Morelli or Clark will be able to play Saturday against Illinois at Beaver Stadium.
Morelli and Clark are officially listed as "possible" on the injury report, and Paterno called the situation "day-to-day."
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- 49ers' Harbaugh: 'Only talk about job I have'
- Luck: CFP selection process gets 'A grade'
- BC extends Addazio through 2020 season
- Chryst returns to Wisconsin as head coach