Hall, Laurinaitis finalists for Bronko Nagurski award
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Michigan cornerback Leon Hall and Ohio State linebacker James Laurinaitis are among the five finalists for the Bronko Nagurski Trophy given to the nation's best defensive player.
Hall and Laurinaitis will meet Saturday when top-ranked Ohio State meets No. 2 Michigan.
The other finalists are Clemson defensive end Gaines Adams, Florida safety Reggie Nelson and Mississippi linebacker Patrick Willis.
The 14-year-old award is presented by the Football Writers Association of America and the Charlotte Touchdown Club. The winner will be named Dec. 4 in Charlotte.
Nagurski was an All-American at Minnesota in 1929. He led the Chicago Bears to three NFL championships and is a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Spurrier digs at Swinney, cites wins in rivalry
- Snyder to Texas' Strong: 'Be who you are'
- Diggs: Some ex-Longhorns didn't love game
- TCU 'separates' from star DE after gun claim
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- JanSport Men's Michigan Wolverines Blue Tournament Basketball T-Shirt