Morton hired to coach receivers at USC
LOS ANGELES -- John Morton, an assistant coach for the New Orleans Saints last year, was hired Monday as the wide receivers coach and passing game coordinator at Southern California.
The 37-year-old Morton spent eight seasons in several capacities with the Oakland Raiders before becoming passing game and wide receivers coach at the University of San Diego in 2005. The Toreros went 11-1 and won the Pioneer League championship.
Morton spent one season with New Orleans, assisting in the passing game and other areas of game preparation on offense. The Saints improved from 3-13 in 2005 to 10-6 last year, and advanced to the NFC championship game.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's USC Trojans #9 Cardinal Football Game Jersey