Can't wait to see these things this fall
1. Never mind the Prius. Tim Tebow has the highest MPG rating (Most Popular Gator) around. We all assume that offensive coordinator Dan Mullen will design an every-down offense for Tebow. But can Tebow do more than be a change of pace from departed starter Chris Leak?
2. The Nick Saban Era has begun at Alabama and it might be as entertaining off the field as it is on. Coaches across the country have said that Mobile has a mother lode of talent. How much of it commits to Saban instead of Tommy Tuberville -- or other coaches -- will be interesting to see this fall.
3. LSU's Matt Flynn is a good enough quarterback to have spent four years pushing JaMarcus Russell to be his best. This year, the Tigers belong to Flynn. It wouldn't surprise me if Flynn battles Andre Woodson of Kentucky for All-SEC honors.
1. Who is the better quarterback two years from now -- Georgia's Matthew Stafford or Florida's Tim Tebow? Tebow has a better supporting cast of receivers, but Stafford has a stronger arm and more experience in the SEC. Both players seem destined for greatness, but Stafford would go a long way in legitimizing his hype by beating the Gators on Oct. 27 in Jacksonville, Fla.
2. Can Vanderbilt produce its first winning season in 25 years? The Commodores haven't finished above .500 since an 8-4 mark in 1982. They beat Georgia and narrowly lost to Alabama, Arkansas and Florida last season. With nine starters coming back on defense and eight on offense, including quarterback Chris Nickson, a quarter-century drought might end this fall.
3. Which coach is in the most danger of losing his job? Mississippi State's Sylvester Croom (who has won three games in each of the last three seasons), Ole Miss' Ed Orgeron (7-16 the last two seasons) or Arkansas' Houston Nutt (who won the SEC West in 2006). In the wacky world of the SEC, it might be the coach who has the best record.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Under Armour Youth Auburn Tigers White #44 Replica Football Jersey