Quarterback Cooper decides to transfer from BYU
PROVO, Utah -- Brigham Young quarterback Cade Cooper will transfer, coach Bronco Mendenhall said Friday.
Cooper transferred from Snow College after last season and competed for the starting job during spring practice. But he injured his foot in a scrimmage and was going to redshirt this fall.
"I understand and respect Cade's willingness and desire to compete," Mendenhall said in a statement. "We hope he can find a program where he will be able to make a valuable contribution and lead a team."
Cooper passed for 3,103 yards and 31 touchdowns as a sophomore at Snow.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- Former Vols coach Majors in stable condition
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's BYU Cougars Blue 'Royal, Strong and True' Fan T-Shirt
- NCAAF Home
- CFB Nation
- Awards Tracker
- BCS Standings
- Bowl Projections
- Pick Center
- Power Rankings
- Revenue and Expenses
- Weekly Leaders
- FCS Insider