Wisconsin RB Smith won't play away games this season
Smith will miss Saturday's game at UNLV and games at Illinois, Penn State, Ohio State and Minnesota.
Smith was suspended from the team in July after he was arrested, but athletics director Barry Alvarez reinstated him in early August just before the Badgers' first practice of the season.
The team announced Wednesday that Alvarez and dean of students Lori Berquam had decided Smith would not play in away games.
Smith is charged with pushing down his girlfriend during a dispute over a cab fare, refusing to let her leave his apartment and taking her money and shoes.
He has apologized to the woman but pleaded not guilty to charges of battery and disorderly conduct.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Texas AD: Union push 'smells' of attorneys
- Saban hosts Peyton in visit of 'mutual benefit'
- Source: Joeckel to transfer from A&M to TCU
- Mankato players to play for reinstated coach
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Franklin Wisconsin Badgers Kids' Deluxe Uniform Set