Suspended Scott's future with program uncertain
Scott was suspended Friday for violating an unspecified team rule, Paterno said. The 6-foot, 222-pound senior from Allentown, Pa., did not dress or play against Iowa on Saturday, a 27-7 victory for the Nittany Lions.
In Penn State's first five games, Scott scored six touchdowns and rushed for 302 yards on 69 carries, an average of 4.4 yards per carry.
Starter Rodney Kinlaw finished with a career-high 168 yards on 28 carries against Iowa.
Penn State (4-2, 1-2 Big Ten) plays host to No. 19 Wisconsin on Saturday.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Texas hires search committee for new coach
- Irish charming recruits with 'Pots of Gold'
- Huskies investigate alleged recruiting violations
- Florida, Michigan to kick off '17 in Arlington
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Penn State Nittany Lions #8 Blue Football Legend Performance T-Shirt