Arkansas WR Monk unlikely to redshirt, could play against Ole Miss
Razorbacks coach Houston Nutt indicated Tuesday that Monk will attempt to play in this weekend's game at Ole Miss. The 6-foot-6 senior injured his knee in August and didn't play a down until a brief appearance in last weekend's loss to Auburn.
"[Marcus] really wants to play," Nutt said. "He doesn't want to redshirt, he wants to play. So he's going to do everything he can do to be on the field Saturday and that's the way he's approaching it."
Nutt said after Monk's brief appearance against Auburn that he could still redshirt.
Monk, the Razorbacks' career leader in touchdown catches, caught 50 passes for 962 yards and 11 touchdowns last season.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Winston ruled to have not violated FSU code
- Sources: Stanford's Shaw plans to shun NFL
- Report: Former Clemson QB Kelly arrested
- Boise State's top rusher Ajayi to enter draft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New World Graphics Men's Arkansas Razorbacks Black 2013 Football Schedule T-shirt