Wright sits out practice with sprained left ankle
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Miami quarterback Kyle Wright missed practice Tuesday because of injuries that knocked him out of the Hurricanes' win over Florida State last weekend.
Wright said he injured his left ankle and left knee in the second quarter of Miami's 37-29 victory.
"He'll be back next week," Miami coach Randy Shannon said after practice. "Give him a week or so. Right now it's an ankle sprain. We need to isolate it and get it ready. Hopefully, he'll be ready by Sunday."
Wright was not available for comment Tuesday.
The Hurricanes (5-3, 2-2 Atlantic Coast Conference) will practice Wednesday, have an open date this weekend and begin preparing for a Nov. 3 game with North Carolina State on Sunday.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Miami Hurricanes Replica Football