PSU's Davis out after having appendix removed
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- Penn State safety Tony Davis missed Saturday's game against No. 1 Ohio State after having his appendix removed Friday.
Davis, who had started the season's first eight games, is expected to sit out two to four weeks, team spokesman Jeff Nelson said Saturday.
Mark Rubin started in Davis' place at safety for the 25th-ranked Nittany Lions (No. 24 AP).
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Grantham opts to stay at L'ville over Raiders
- Penn State president: Freeh report 'not useful'
- Report: EKU player hurt in fight with Wildcats
- Two ex-Vanderbilt players convicted of rape
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Jansport Men's Penn State Nittany Lions 2013 Football Schedule T-shirt