ASU delivers final blow to Cal's title hopes; sets up showdown with Ducks
TEMPE, Ariz. -- The emotions of the night had finally gotten to him, and 60-year-old Dennis Erickson grabbed Sparky's pitch fork and drove it into the ground. There. How's that for a statement? Weeks passed, Arizona State climbed up the polls, and seven wins elicited more collective eye rolls than respect.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Strong dose of reality: No 2014 title for Texas
- Swinney: We welcome players of all faith
- Vols RB Hill to transfer from 'first true love'
- Source: Tide-ex Lindsay transfers to Ohio St.
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Arizona State Sun Devils Full-Size Autograph Football