Arkansas running back ends up with 321 rushing yards
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Darren McFadden had 2 yards subtracted from his rushing total from Saturday night, meaning he only tied the Southeastern Conference single-game record.
McFadden was initially credited with 323 yards on 35 carries in Arkansas' 48-36 win over South Carolina, but Razorbacks spokesman Kevin Trainor said Sunday that a review of the film showed the star tailback was given too many yards. A 3-yard run by Felix Jones was mistakenly credited to McFadden, and McFadden was shortchanged a yard on one of his carries.
McFadden is now credited with 321 yards on 34 carries. Jones' updated totals for Saturday night: 13 carries for 166 yards.
Vanderbilt's Frank Mordica rushed for 321 yards in a 1978 game.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Arkansas Razorbacks 'Quick Toss' Softee Football