Penn State assistant Norwood named Baylor's defensive coordinator
WACO, Texas -- Penn State defensive assistant Brian Norwood will take over as defensive coordinator at Baylor, coach Art Briles announced Friday.
Norwood spent the last seven season as the safeties coach under Joe Paterno. During Norwood's tenure, the Nittany Lions twice led the Big 10 in passing efficiency defense and finished No. 4 in the country once.
Norwood has been an assistant at Arizona, Richmond, Navy and Texas Tech, where he spent a season coaching with Briles.
"We are thrilled that Brian will join our staff as defensive coordinator," Briles said. "Brian is a passionate, intelligent football coach with a great work ethic."
Briles said he plans to announce the rest of his staff hirings next week.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- FSU's Wilson suspended after arrest for theft
- FSU's Winston to face media at ACC Kickoff
- Hall of Fame set to open Aug. 23 in Atlanta
- NCAA president calls for 'scholarships for life'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Penn State Nittany Lions Tailgater Junior-Sized Football