Allen, who owns Cardinals' single-game rushing record, will transfer
LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Louisville running back Anthony Allen will transfer after being granted a release from the program.
Allen set the school's single-game rushing record with 275 yards against Middle Tennessee on Sept. 6.
Louisville spokesman Rocco Gasparro said Thursday that Big East rules prohibit Allen from transferring to another school in the league. Gasparro also said Louisville will not release Allen to any school on its schedule in the next three years or to Arkansas.
Former Louisville coach Bobby Petrino is now the head coach at Arkansas.
Allen led the Cardinals in rushing last season with 696 yards.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Auburn's Marshall cited for having marijuana
- ADs for Miss. State, KSU set series on Twitter
- FSU's Wilson suspended after arrest for theft
- FSU's Winston to face media at ACC Kickoff
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Louisville Cardinals Sideline Coaches Cardinal Red Polo