Wake Forest's Caparelli dismissed from team for making threat
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. -- A Wake Forest reserve running back has been dismissed from the team after writing on his Facebook page that he would "blow up campus."
Campus police said 19-year-old Luke Caparelli posted the note on the social-networking page on Jan. 13. The note was written in third person and included a threat that Caparelli would have an Uzi submachine gun "locked and loaded in his bag."
A detective's affidavit made public Thursday said police apparently didn't find any weapons when they searched Caparelli's bags and dorm room on Jan. 14.
The affidavit said Caparelli acknowledged writing the statements but said he wouldn't do anything to harm anyone on campus or hurt the school.
District Attorney Tom Keith said his office is awaiting reports from campus police before deciding whether to file any charges.
Caparelli hasn't responded to requests for comment.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Source: Michigan to announce Harbaugh hire
- FSU's Winston says perception of him wrong
- RB Johnson leaving Miami, will enter draft
- Gophers dismiss WR Jones for rules violation
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Harbaugh To Michigan
- Jim Harbaugh has moved on by agreeing to become Michigan's next coach a day after parting ways with the 49ers, a source told Adam Schefter.