Syracuse loses defensive coordinator Russ
Robinson, who confirmed Russ's departure on Saturday, said he would announce later in the week how he will structure the defensive side of his coaching staff in the wake of Russ's departure.
Robinson, who took over for Paul Pasqualoni prior to the 2005 season, served as defensive coordinator his first two seasons before giving Russ the job for 2007. It was unclear if Robinson planned to return to his role as defensive coordinator.
Syracuse went 2-10 last season and allowed 34.8 points and 468.7 yards per game, near the bottom among the 119 teams that play at college football's top level.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- FSU's Wilson suspended after arrest for theft
- NCAA president calls for 'scholarships for life'
- Top QB commit: No 'Johnny Football' pressure
- Tempe game changes name to Cactus Bowl
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Syracuse Orange Tailgater Junior-Sized Football