UCLA QB Cowan has torn cartilage removed from left knee
LOS ANGELES -- UCLA quarterback Patrick Cowan had a small piece of torn cartilage removed from his left knee Friday.
He will begin rehab next week. Spring practice opens April 3 and Cowan's status will be evaluated during his rehab, the school said.
"I'll be all right," he said.
Cowan missed nearly a month last season after suffering a concussion and partially collapsed right lung on Nov. 3.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Sources: Longhorns kick four more off team
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- TCU's Fields surrenders to assault warrant
- Auburn's Marshall pays pot possession fines
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's UCLA Bruins #17 True Blue Replica Football Jersey