Louisville dismisses Council after armed robbery arrest
LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Louisville coach Steve Kragthorpe has dismissed cornerback Rod Council from the team after Council allegedly robbed a gas station early Wednesday morning.
Council, 22, was charged with one count of robbery with a dangerous weapon. He was being held on $50,000 bond at the Haywood County Detention Center in Waynesville, N.C., on Wednesday evening.
"We do not tolerate that type of behavior in our football program," the school said in a statement. "Fortunately, no innocent bystanders were injured or harmed in the process."
Council, who had one year of eligibility remaining, had 32 tackles and two interceptions last year for the Cardinals.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Big 12 chief rips NCAA, says 'cheating pays'
- Briles on Fisher's critique: Worry about ACC
- FSU coach explains why Winston unpunished
- Top WR picks Auburn over USC, Tide, OSU
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Louisville Cardinals White Sideline Coaches Polo