BC defensive end Smith suspended after sexual assault charge
Boston College suspended defensive end Brady Smith after he was charged with on-campus sexual assault and breaking and entering.
School spokesman Jack Dunn said the 20-year-old Finksburg, Md., resident is alleged to have committed the offenses either Saturday evening or early Sunday.
The Boston Herald reported Sunday that coach Jeff Jagodzinski had announced Smith was indefinitely suspended from the team for violating team rules. He did not elaborate.
Dunn did not immediately return calls seeking comment Sunday.
Smith started in 12 games last season and finished with 29 tackles and 2.5 sacks during the team's 11-3 season.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- FSU's Wilson pleads no contest in scooter theft
- Fired OSU band director was trying to fix culture
- Squirrel-hunting Winston held at gunpoint in '12
- Source: Longhorns reinstate safety Turner
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Men's Boston College Eagles Maroon Football Tech Performance T-Shirt