Parker still faces weapons charge after petty theft charge dropped
Parker paid $200 in court costs Monday to drop the 2006 misdemeanor of stealing a $9.99 DVD movie from a store in Tallahassee.
Parker was arrested earlier this month on a misdemeanor charge of possessing less than 20 grams of marijuana and the felony charge of having a loaded .45-caliber pistol in the dash of his car.
The weapons charge in Palm Beach County must be resolved before he can rejoin the team.
Parker, 21, was selected Florida State's most valuable player last season after leading the team with 1,513 all-purpose yards and 62 receptions.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- FSU's Wilson suspended after arrest for theft
- FSU's Winston to face media at ACC Kickoff
- Hall of Fame set to open Aug. 23 in Atlanta
- NCAA president calls for 'scholarships for life'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint FSU Seminoles 2013 BCS National Champions Gold Coin Photo Mint