Alabama LB McClain sustains minor injuries following motorcycle crash
DECATUR, Ala. -- Alabama coach Nick Saban said linebacker Rolando McClain was involved in a motorcycle accident but sustained only minor injuries.
The sophomore was released from a hospital in his hometown of Decatur after the accident Thursday.
Saban said Friday that McClain sustained only some cuts and abrasions and will be monitored by Alabama's medical staff.
A friend who was with the player moments before the accident told The Decatur Daily that McClain had bought the motorcycle earlier Thursday.
Police reports indicated the driver of a motorcycle lost control and slid under a sports utility vehicle Thursday evening. Police didn't release any details of the accident and didn't return calls from The Associated Press.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Seahawks Sherman, Bennett rip 'scam' NCAA
- Sources: ACC to count BYU among Power 5
- Former PSU player Taliaferro now lawmaker
- Grantham opts to stay at L'ville over Raiders
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Alabama Crimson Tide Football Champions Local Characteristic T-shirt