Longhorns, Trojans played in game for the ages
Since the advent of the Bowl Championship Series in 1998, some have sworn by it. Others have sworn at it.
While the debate for a college playoff rages in many quarters, what's not up for debate is that the BCS certainly keeps things interesting throughout the course of the college football season.
You know that's what former SEC commissioner Roy Kramer, the father of the BCS, had in mind when he came up with this system to determine the national champion a decade ago. Nobody can say it's been boring.
Here's a look at our 10 best BCS bowl games over the past 10 years:
1. 2006 Rose Bowl: Texas 41, USC 38
2. 2003 Fiesta Bowl: Ohio State 31, Miami 24, 2 OT
3. 2007 Fiesta Bowl: Boise State 43, Oklahoma 42, OT
4. 2005 Rose Bowl: Texas 38, Michigan 37
5. 2000 Sugar Bowl: Florida State 46, Virginia Tech 29
6. 2006 Sugar Bowl: West Virginia 38, Georgia 35
7. 2000 Orange Bowl: Michigan 35, Alabama 34, OT
8. 2006 Orange Bowl: Penn State 26, Florida State 23, 3 OT
9. 1999 Rose Bowl: Wisconsin 38, UCLA 31
10. 2004 Sugar Bowl: LSU 21, Oklahoma 14
Chris Low is a college football writer for ESPN.com. Send your questions and comments to him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The BCS at 10
• Maisel: Paradox found
• Low: Best BCS bowl games
• Miller: Best BCS bowl performances SportsNation
• Rank 'em: Best BCS bowl games
• Rank 'em: Best BCS bowl performances
• Chat wrap: Chris Low
• Chat wrap Ted Miller
• Maisel: Say yes to the BCS
• Forde: Say no to the BCS
• Miller: Biggest BCS bowl slights
Dinich: ACC has been a dud in BCS era
Griffin: Big 12 becomes superpower in BCS era
Schlabach: Big East thriving in BCS
Rittenberg: BCS system has been good to Big Ten
Miller: USC dominates Pac-10 in BCS era
Low: SEC successfully navigates BCS system
Rittenberg: No complaints from South Bend
• Chat wrap: Tim Griffin
• Rank 'em: Defining players of the BCS era?
• Rank 'em: Memorable BCS bowl moment?
• Chat: Heather Dinich, 2 ET