Spillman dismissed from team after another arrest
LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Louisville wide receiver JaJuan Spillman has been dismissed from the team following his second arrest in 18 months.
Coach Steve Kragthorpe announced the dismissal Sunday, three days after Spillman was arrested on charges of driving under the influence, carrying a concealed weapon and having no insurance.
Kragthorpe said Spillman will not have an opportunity to return to the program.
Spillman, 21, pleaded guilty last month to marijuana possession stemming from his arrest on Jan. 31, 2007. He was suspended indefinitely from the team after a win at North Carolina State, but was reinstated after the season was over.
Spillman caught nine passes for 64 yards last season and averaged 22.2 yards on 18 kickoff returns.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA settles concussion suit with $70M fund
- OU RB meets with police over alleged assault
- OK State has APR penalty rescinded by NCAA
- Kentucky great 'Wah Wah' Jones dies at 88
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Louisville Cardinals Sideline Razor Black T-Shirt