Canes QB Marve suspended for incident involving smashing a car mirror in '07
MIAMI -- Miami quarterback Robert Marve has been suspended for the season opener for an incident stemming back to last year, the Miami Herald reported on its Web site Saturday.
Marve's father, Eugene Marve, confirmed the suspension to the Herald and said that his son was very upset about it.
Miami officials declined to confirm the suspension Saturday.
Robert Marve, a redshirt freshman, was arrested on October 31 for smashing a car mirror. He was initially charged with two misdemeanors, but they were later lifted.
Marve won a state championship and was named "Mr. Florida Football" in 2006 as a senior at Tampa Plant.
He redshirted last season after breaking his wrist in a car crash in July 2007.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Spurrier digs at Swinney, cites wins in rivalry
- Big 12 chief rips NCAA, says 'cheating pays'
- Briles on Fisher's critique: Worry about ACC
- FSU coach explains why Winston unpunished
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Miami Hurricanes Grey Football Practice Legend T-Shirt