Indiana suspends DE Middleton, three others for opener
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- Indiana defensive end Greg Middleton, who led the nation with 16 sacks last season, and three other players have been suspended for one game for undisclosed disciplinary reasons.
Middleton was first-team All-Big Ten and a third-team All-America selection.
The suspensions, announced Tuesday by coach Bill Lynch, will be for the Hoosiers' season-opening game Saturday against Western Kentucky. Ryan Marando, who had six sacks last season, will replace Middleton in the starting lineup.
The other suspended players, none of them starters, are tight end Troy Wagner, safety Brandon Mosley and freshman defensive end Kyle Kozak.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Running back Gordon will return to Badgers
- Football at Fenway: Irish-BC set 2015 date
- ACC to review 8-game schedule at meeting
- Miami, Louisville mascots trade Twitter barbs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Indiana Hoosiers Hail Mary Youth Football