Penn State corner got traffic citation before dismissal from team
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- Police cited Penn State cornerback Willie Harriott with driving with a suspended license the morning before the backup was kicked off the team.
A university police log lists the 21-year-old Harriott as having been pulled over early Thursday morning.
Coach Joe Paterno said on his weekly radio show Thursday evening that Harriott was dismissed from the team for an unspecified rule violation.
In November, Harriott was charged with driving under the influence and speeding.
Summary traffic citations in connection with the latest traffic stop were filed Friday. Harriott was charged with one count of driving with a suspended license and one count of driving without a registration.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Ohio St. turns to 'meticulous' Barrett at QB
- Auburn's revenge? Updyke into dunk tank
- Volcano threatens Penn State's Ireland opener
- Kent State's Bitsko, 21, found dead in bed
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Jansport Men's Penn State Nittany Lions 2013 Football Schedule T-shirt