Wolfpack to face Bulls without QB Wilson, LB Irving
Starting quarterback Russell Wilson and starting linebacker Nate Irving -- NC State's top players on each side of the ball -- will miss Saturday's game against South Florida game because of injuries, a school spokesman said.
Wolfpack coach Tom O'Brien did not specify the injuries, other than Irving sustained a lower leg injury in an upset victory over East Carolina last weekend.Freshman Dwayne Maddox, who took over for Irving against ECU, will start Saturday. Harrison Beck will start in place of Wilson. Beck will be NC State's third starting quarterback in five games. That now makes 11 starters or key contributors who have missed at least one game for the Wolfpack this year. Heather Dinich is a college football writer who covers the ACC for ESPN.com.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Texas hires search committee for new coach
- Sun Devils promote Norvell to deputy HC
- Bowling Green hires EIU's Babers as coach
- Lineman Pettway finalizes return to Alabama
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings South Florida Bulls Signature Series Full-Size Football