Paterno says Evans, Koroma likely to play against Illinois
Penn State coach Joe Paterno said suspended defensive linemen Maurice Evans and Abe Koroma are expected to play Saturday against Illinois.
"They probably will play," Paterno said on his Thursday night radio show.
Evans and Koroma had been suspended for the past three games, after a Sept. 2 incident at an apartment they share with two other players.
After an investigation, Evans and Koroma each were charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession.
The pair returned to practice this week. No.12 Penn State hosts No. 22 Illinois on Saturday.
"Obviously the kids we held out are good football players," Paterno said. "They played a lot of football last year."
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Wash. St. collapses in bowl after 2 fumbles
- USC routs Fresno State in Las Vegas Bowl
- ULL tops Tulane for 3rd straight NO Bowl win
- San Diego St. pounds Buffalo in Potato Bowl
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Penn State Nittany Lions Tailgater Junior-Sized Football