WVU QB White leaves game against Rutgers
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. -- West Virginia quarterback Pat White was injured for the second straight week, leaving Saturday's game with Rutgers after being tackled in the third quarter.
White was shaken up after the 10-yard run and walked to the sideline. The nature of his injury wasn't immediately disclosed.
Jarrett Brown replaced White, who did not return for the following series. His status for the remainder of the game wasn't immediately known.
White bruised the thumb on his throwing hand a week ago in a 27-3 win over Marshall.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stoops bashes Saban's 'consolation' remark
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
- Ducks decided favorites in Pac-12 media poll
- Source: Indiana, Cincy set '21, '22 meetings
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings West Virginia Mountaineers Hail Mary Youth-Sized Football