Not a candidate to replace Franklin, Ensminger to run offense for rest of '08
AUBURN, Ala. -- Auburn assistant coach Steve Ensminger will run the offense the rest of the season.
Coach Tommy Tuberville said Thursday that Ensminger won't be a candidate to replace Tony Franklin as offensive coordinator. Tuberville fired Franklin six games into his first season with the 20th-ranked Tigers on Wednesday.
Ensminger is Auburn's inside receivers coach and will work from the press box. A former LSU quarterback, he had coaching stints with Georgia, Texas A&M, Clemson and Louisiana Tech.
Tuberville hired Ensminger initially to work with the quarterbacks. He handled playcalling duties under offensive coordinator Hugh Nall for the 2003 season, but the offense struggled.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Running back Gordon will return to Badgers
- SEC fines schools for cowbells, rushing field
- Football at Fenway: Irish-BC set 2015 date
- ACC to review 8-game schedule at meeting
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Men's Auburn Tigers Blue Football Military Appreciation Tech Performance T-Shirt