UCLA receiver Austin carted off after apparent head injury
EUGENE, Ore. -- UCLA receiver Terrence Austin was carted off the field after an apparent head injury during a game against Oregon.
Austin was hurt when he was hit by Oregon rover T.J. Ward. The ball tipped off Ward's helmet and was intercepted by Ducks cornerback Jairus Byrd.
Austin was knocked headfirst into the turf. He remained prone on the field for several minutes, but could be seen moving his feet, before he was placed on a stretcher and taken from the field on a cart.
Austin had four catches for 56 yards in the game. He has 31 catches for 313 yards this season for the Bruins.
At the same time, two fans at Autzen Stadium were involved in an apparent scuffle. One fan was taken from the stadium on a stretcher, but further details were not known.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Longhorns WRs charged with sexual assault
- Auburn's Marshall pays pot possession fines
- Washington QB Miles suspended for opener
- Bowling Green gets former Baylor WR Rhodes
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's UCLA Bruins True Blue Sideline Player Shockwave Training Crew T-Shirt