Clemson returns to practice with freshman Korn as starting QB
CLEMSON, S.C. -- Clemson returned to the practice field Sunday with a new starting quarterback in freshman Willy Korn.
With the Tigers season slipping away after two straight defeats, coach Tommy Bowden decided Friday to sit fifth-year senior Cullen Harper.
Harper was picked the preseason favorite to win Atlantic Coast Conference player of the year this summer. Clemson was also the preseason choice to take its first ACC crown in 17 years. However, consecutive losses to Maryland and Wake Forest seriously dented those hopes.
The players were given Friday and Saturday off after the 12-7 loss to the Demon Deacons.
Clemson (3-3, 1-2 ACC) faces Georgia Tech at Death Valley on Saturday.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Seahawks' Sherman, Bennett rip 'scam' NCAA
- Sources: ACC to count BYU among Power 5
- Former PSU player Taliaferro now lawmaker
- Grantham opts to stay at L'ville over Raiders
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Clemson Tigers Orange Football Practice Legend T-shirt