Ailing Paterno coaching from press box for third straight week
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- For the third consecutive week, Joe Paterno was coaching from the press box for No. 3 Penn State on Saturday.
A lingering right hip and leg injury has kept the 81-year-old coach off the sideline the past two games and for the second half of the Temple game on Sept. 20.
Paterno again had to forgo has customary trot out of the tunnel ahead of the Nittany Lions before they played Michigan.
The last time Paterno spent an entire game on the sideline was Sept. 27 against Illinois.
Paterno, the winningest coach in major college football history with 379 victories entering the Michigan game, has said he injured his hip while demonstrating an onside kick during an August practice.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Stoops bashes Saban's 'consolation' remark
- NCAA's top cop: Cheaters 'will be found out'
- NCAA infractions chair: Reasons for inactivity
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Penn State Nittany Lions #14 Blue Replica Game Football Jersey