Minnesota suspends Spry for two weeks for violating team rules
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. -- Minnesota wide receiver Ralph Spry has been suspended for violating team rules.
Gophers coach Tim Brewster announced the punishment before Saturday's 17-6 win at Purdue, but did not give details about Spry's violation.
Brewster said Spry, a sophomore, will also sit out the next game against Northwestern before his situation is re-evaluated.
Spry started Minnesota's first seven games but had only seven receptions for 63 yards. Freshman Brandon Green replaced him in the lineup against Purdue on Saturday and had five catches for 100 yards.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- UConn hires ND coordinator Diaco as coach
- NCAA may work with power 5 conferences
- Bama kicker given letter of support by Bush
- Texas Tech QB Mayfield will seek transfer
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Minnesota Golden Gophers Coaches Performance White Polo