Minnesota suspends Spry for two weeks for violating team rules
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. -- Minnesota wide receiver Ralph Spry has been suspended for violating team rules.
Gophers coach Tim Brewster announced the punishment before Saturday's 17-6 win at Purdue, but did not give details about Spry's violation.
Brewster said Spry, a sophomore, will also sit out the next game against Northwestern before his situation is re-evaluated.
Spry started Minnesota's first seven games but had only seven receptions for 63 yards. Freshman Brandon Green replaced him in the lineup against Purdue on Saturday and had five catches for 100 yards.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Bama opens spring practice in search of QB
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Minnesota Golden Gophers Signature Series Full-Size Football